FAQ's by Keyword
Frequently Asked Questions
Type your question:
View all FAQs
View LDR FAQs
Your Frequently Asked Question
What is the refund policy and process?
Refunds are available under the following circumstances:
• Multiple payments deducted from an HWIN account for a single transaction
• Prepaid account balance that remains after all activities from prior to January 1, 2023, have been reported and fees paid
• If a company has more than one account, a refund is dependent on the consolidated balance across all accounts.
The Company Official or Additional Administrators listed on the account must log into their account and follow these steps:
• Confirm all manifests have been processed in the “Closed Manifests” tab
• Have your Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Number (BN) handy
• Have additional registration numbers handy as refunds are dependent on the consolidated balance across all your company accounts
• Press the “Refund Request” button
• Complete the questionnaire and attestation
Note: The amount refunded may vary if there are further manifest or financial transactions.
The length of time to issue a refund depends on the volume of requests.
Direct-to-Credit Card refunds can only be completed for the full amount of the original transaction - partial refunds are not possible.
All manifests with a shipping date in 2022 and associated fees will continue to be processed in HWIN. HWIN access will continue early in 2023, only to support 2022 reporting obligations, to pay fees associated with activities from 2022 or earlier, and to process HWIN pre-paid account refunds.
© Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2002-2018
Version Number: 4.5.0